Sunday, August 30, 2009

We’re about to pop!

What a day! The dear Lord has given to us another happy and blessed day "At the Woods!" Our day began with a great attendance in Sunday School and Church; a great lesson from James; a special little someone visiting with us; lots of visitors; Kathy White accepted the Lord; lots of prayer; great singing; we dedicated our AWANA Team; we heard "God's Simple Plan of Salvation" from Mark 10; and, celebrated the Lord's Supper!

I commented that our dear Church is so filled with the Holy Spirit that it feels like we are about to pop! Others picked up on that line and the more I hear the phrase, the more I like it – and the more and more I expect it any moment.

Speaking of our SS lesson from James: just after I finished teaching the lesson and ended with notes on “praying for one another that you may be healed” I walked past Misty’s Ladies Class and (guess what?) they were gathered around a lady praying for her! WOW, I am back in the old Sanctuary talking about it – while they are in the fellowship hall actually getting it done!

Attendance at our Sunday Night study, “Revelation for Rookies” continues to grow! Tonight was a blessing: more visitors; Revelation 13; two beasts; ten horns; ten crowns; seven heads; and one tired preacher! Whew… we got about half-way through the Chapter!

Remember that our Fall Harvest Revival begins on September 20th and goes through the 23rd. Pray for our speaker, Roger Ellsworth and our folk who will be bringing special music!

Great burdens; great blessings; bright future! Pop?

1 comment:

Adriane said...

I haven't felt so filled with the spirit as I did yesterday, in quite some time. What a truly awesome day.