Monday, April 5, 2010

16:20. The End of Mark

This coming Sunday, as the Lord allows, I will preach the final sermon (#66) from the Gospel of Mark completing the series I began nearly 18 months ago!

Mark 16:14-20 is about the forty day ministry of Jesus following His resurrection from the dead. There are three great controversies about these verses:

1) Are these verses actually scripture?
2) Is being baptized required for salvation?
3) Are the miraculous signs that followed still for today?

I will certainly address each of these issues, but, let me say that the great controversy I find in these verses is why Christians have not made more progress toward accomplishing the Great Commission nearly 2,000 years after Jesus spoke these words! Read the verses, pray, and get ready to learn!

I hope to see you Sunday with a Bible in your hand, a smile on your face, and your friends and family by your side!

No comments: