Friday, April 8, 2011

The Living God!

Today is the 98th day of the year. There are 267 days left in 2011.

Revelation 1:18 “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.”

On this date in 1966, Time Magazine published their infamous cover asking, “Is God dead?” Atheist philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) had written, “God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.” From that time to this, Nietzsche remains a hero of atheists and nihilists everywhere.

We are reminded that one’s opinion does not change reality. If God does not exist, my belief that He does changes nothing. Likewise, since God does exist, the disbelief of a million atheists changes nothing! God is alive and well and accomplishing His divine will in the world!

Isaiah 43:10-12 “You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God.”

The One True and Living God, the God of the Christian Bible, is alive; and, because He lives, we shall live also!
(John 14:19)

Prayer: Our Lord and our God, I praise You this day that You, the living God, have given eternal life to those who love you and call upon Your Name. Open the eyes of unbelievers that You may also be glorified in their lives.”

Application: Are we living as if the God we profess to love and serve really is alive?

No comments: